It’s raining, it’s pouring, it’s great weather for chowder! I got cubed butternut squash from Stop and Shop and it had a recipe for chowder. I LOVE butternut squash soup in any form, so I decided to try making it, but without the milk.
What I Used:
- 1 package cubed butternut squash
- 1/4 cup mild onion (chopped)
- 16 oz can chicken broth
- 16 oz can of cream corn
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- [2 cups milk]
How I Made It:
- Bring 1 quart water to a boil and then add the squash. Cover and cool until tender.
- Drain and puree squash.
- Add all ingredients and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes.
- [If adding milk, lower temperature first. Boil for 10 minutes after addition.]
My comments: Kids didn’t like it. Husband thought it was too chunky. True, the corn doesn’t help that and my mini food processor didn’t get all the cubes, but I LOVED it. Next time I’ll add ginger.