I got this recipe from allrecipes.com, but had to modify it based on my own waffle-making experience:
What I Used:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 1 egg
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- [I added 2 tablespoons of butter]
- [I added 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar]
How I Made Them:
- Preheat waffle iron. In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Stir in sugar, butter, milk, and eggs until mixture is smooth.
- [I added the pureed banana and mixed well.]
- Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour two tablespoons of the waffle batter onto the hot waffle iron. Place two slices of banana on top of the batter and then spoon another two tablespoons of batter on top of the banana. [I did not do this.] Cook until golden brown. Serve hot.
Comments: I let the waffle sit about half a minute longer to ensure thorough cooking. YUM!